Five excellent reasons to sign for purchases with your Visa® Debit Card:
1. You benefit financially from the Community Rewards Program AND the community of your choice benefits from matching financial support from New Mexico Educators Federal Credit Union.
2. You help prevent your PIN number from being stolen by an unauthorized user.
3. Your purchase will be identified by the name of the merchant as well as the city and state on your transaction records (online and mailed statements).
4. You will be protected by Visa's Zero Liability Policy if your card is used fraudulently.
5. When a purchase is processed as "credit," the amount is immediately deducted from the available funds in your Credit Union checking account.
Using “signature” to pay
Each time you pay for a transaction, select the “signature” option. The signature option on point-of-sale machines will differ based on the vendor. Some machines offer a “Credit” button and on others you must select “Enter” or “Cancel” to sign for your purchase. To earn Community Rewards, you need ten or more signature-based transactions a month.